August 2018 News
What a busy and eventful summer we've had here at Snapdragons Shirehampton.
Please take a look below to see what we have been up to, as well as finding useful information for the coming Autumn term.
Class of 2018 - we had a great day celebrating our pre-school leavers graduation, thank you to everyone who attended and best of luck to all the children starting school this September. We will miss you all very much and hope that you all have an amazing time at school. Here are a few photos from the day, the full gallery can be found: HERE
The final pre-school leavers celebration will be the leavers disco on Thursday 23rd August at 6pm. If your child is leaving us or has already left to go to school then you are welcome to join us for an evening of music, magic and dancing. Parents to please attend.
Snapdragons Shirehampton Team News
At the end of July we welcomed Zoe to the team, she is our new room head in pre-school. She brings with her years of brilliant experience and has made a big impact on the room already, the children love her.
Karolina has been promoted to deputy pre-school room head and will be supporting Zoe in her new role.
We also have a new head of toddlers, Victoria. She is a familiar face at Snapdragons Shirehampton and we look forward to seeing her develop into her new role.
I'm sure you will join us in congratulating Karolina and Victoria on their recent promotions.
Dates for Your Diary
Tuesday 21st August, wear your jim-jams to nursery and help us raise some money for the cappella foundation. Just bring £1 to join in the fun, there will be a collection tin on the desk.
Thursday 30th August, our pre-school children will be getting their aprons on and will be running a charity cake sale. There may be some staff contributions too. We look forward to providing some sweet treats and baked goods at pick up times on the 30th.
Baby Stay and Play Sessions
We have some stay and play sessions coming up in our baby room. If you know someone who might be interested in a nursery place then send them our way! It's a chance for prospective parents to get to know the baby room team and explore some of the activities we offer, as well as having a bit of fun.
Friday 7th September 2018 - 9.30am - 11.30am - New families only, if your an existing parent and would like to come please just bring a friend along too.
Friday 19th October - 2pm - 4pm - All welcome, if you know someone who might be interested in a nursery place then send them our way for an afternoon of playing.
Our baby room team will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about starting nursery.
Concept with will with us on Thursday 11th October, if your child is not due to attend nursery on this day you are welcome to pop along just for the photographs or if you would like to book in for an extra just let any member of the team know. The photos taken around this time of year make great Christmas presents!
- Suitable clothing for all weathers, as the summer weather seems to have finally broken please can we remind all parents to bring in suitable clothing for their children. Raincoats and waterproofs if necessary, and as always spare clothes in case children get wet.
- If your child is in nappies, please remember to bring in nappy cream as unfortunately we are not able to provide this. If you had already left a nappy cream here, the practitioners will be able to let you know if it needs replacing.
- Drop off and pick up, please remember to wait with your child until the start of their session. If you would like a full handover at the end of the session please allow 10 minutes for this. Unfortunately we cannot give full handovers at 6pm.
- Snappies Superstars - Have you noticed a practitioner going above and beyond, have you been impressed by a practitioners amazing story telling skills, does your child come home always talking about the same practitioner, do you love how well the team work together? Seen any of this going on? Why not share this on our Snappies Superstar page HERE and nominate an outstanding practitioner or team.
- Your feedback is really important to us. We would appreciate it if you could take a few minutes of your time to complete a review for DayNurseries.co.uk, to tell them about your experience with us. Please follow this link to submit your review: https://www.daynurseries.co.uk/submitreview
Theraplay, Speech and Language
Speech and language drop in dates are displayed at the bottom of the stairs in the main hallway, we are just waiting on the new Autumn term session dates but will update our display as soon as we have these.
Sunshine circles will be resuming in September for our pre-school children, these small group sessions, focus on the children's personal, social and emotional skills as well as their communication and language. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please speak to Hannah.