- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tspn ground ginger
- 1 tspn ground coriander
- 3 sticks of lemongrass
- 3 large carrots
- 2 large potatoes
- 100g red split lentils
- 1 pack of baby corn
- Basmati rice for four
- Fresh coriander
- Chop the onion and garlic and fry with a splash of oil until they begin to soften.
- Bash the thick part of the lemongrass and add to the pan along with the ginger and coriander.
- Cover with a lid and fry for a further two minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and potatoes and chop them into chunky pieces, then slice the baby corn lengthways.
- Add all the vegetables to the onions and spices with a splash of water and cook for 5-10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the lentils to the vegetables and pour in enough water to just cover everything and cook for a further 20 minutes on a low heat with a lid on.
- Add the coconut milk and remove the lemongrass. Cook for a further 5 minutes then serve with rice and a sprinkle of fresh coriander.