- 400g fresh diced salmon, hake or other firm fish or 400g tinned tuna
- 2 sticks celery (finely chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (finely chopped)
- 2 medium leeks (finely sliced)
- 1 medium white onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 tblsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tblsp plain flour (or gluten free flour)
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 litre warm vegetable stock made with 3 tsp Marigold Vegetable Stock Powder (reduced salt)
For the crumble:
- 150g organic rolled oats
- 150g plain flour
- 100g organic butter or soya spread
- 1 tsp sweet paprika or turmeric
- 1 tbspn dried mixed herbs or 2 tbspn fresh, chopped mixed herbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
For the crumble topping:
- Cut the butter into small chunks and rub into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add all the other crumble ingredients and mix together well. Spread on a sheet of non-stick greaseproof paper on a baking tray and place in preheated oven for 10-15 mins until golden brown.
- Meanwhile sauté all the vegetables in a large pan with the oil until they begin to soften but not turn brown. Mix in 2 tablespoons of flour, then add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer, stirring gently as the sauce thickens. Allow to simmer on a low heat for a few minutes until the potato is cooked through then gently fold in the fish. If you're using raw fish simmer for a further 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with the white pepper.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fish mixture and serve with mashed potato and steamed kale or other seasonal vegetables.
Vegetarian option: substitute the fish for some sweetcorn