A delicious pork dish with spring onions and kale.
- 450g lean diced pork (or Quorn)
- A large bunch of kale
- Bunch of spring onions (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (cut into matchsticks)
- 2 sticks celery (finely sliced)
- Rapeseed oil
- Low salt soy sauce (optional)
- Prepare the kale by stripping the leaves from the stems with a large, sharp knife, then roll the leaves into a bundle and slice them into thin strips.
- Start cooking the egg noodles according to the method on the packet.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in a wok or large saucepan and saute the onion and garlic in a tablespoon of oil until soft. Add the diced pork* and cook with the onions until the meat is brown, stirring to make sure the onions don't burn. Next add the carrot and celery and cook gently for a further 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Finally mix in the kale and spring onions and cook for a final minute or two until wilted.
- Serve with the noodles and a sprinkle of low salt soy sauce to taste.
Vegetarian option: substitute the pork for some Quorn. If using Quorn, add it with the carrot and celery because it won't need as long to cook.